Welcome to the online renewal service which will allow you to renew decals for currently registered equipment and obtain decals for equipment not yet registered. Before beginning this service you should prepare as follows:
- Identify which equipment will no longer be used for transporting waste so it is not included in the renewal.
- Identify any equipment for which the motor vehicle registration information needs to be updated such as license plate changes or a correction of VIN.
- Identify what equipment will be added for transporting waste.
- Determine if you need to renew container decals and if so how many.
- Scan the motor vehicle registration and insurance documentation for any equipment that is being added or for which the motor vehicle registration information is being changed. You will be asked to upload such information so you should save these scanned files on your computer at an easily found location such as My Desktop.
- If you have any leased equipment you will be required to upload scanned copies of the lease agreement and certifications so you should save them on your computer at an easily found location such as My Desktop.
IMPORTANT As of July 1, 2015, the New Jersey Department of Environmental Protection (NJDEP) will be transitioning from a transaction fee model to a convenience fee model for accepting credit card payments. Please note that NJDEP will continue to offer electronic check (eCheck/EFT) and Bill Me Later (available on some services) payment options completely free of any transaction charges.
As of August 10, 2022, the convenience fee is 2.3% of the amount being charged + $0.50. If you select Pay via Credit Card, you will be transferred to the credit card processing web page. This page will display a line item for the NJDEP fee and a separate Service Fee line item representing the credit card convenience fee to be charged. As an example, if the DEP fee is $50.00, the total charge will be $51.65 (convenience fee = $1.65).